As talk turns to The Masters in the golf office we caught up with Jason Davies, our Golf Business Manager to find out his top tips on how to prepare for the new golfing season.
Having worked within the golf area of Carden Park for over 10 years and being a keen golfer himself, Jason knows a thing or two about the best ways to make the most out of the award winning facilities here. Read on to discover his five top tips to a successful golfing year…
- Get fit – Did you know that joining us for a game can on average take you on a 5 mile walk! If you are planning to play a lot of golf this season make sure you start on the right track and up your daily exercise with a mid-day lunch walk or spend more time in the gym with one of our memberships.
- Make sure you have the right equipment – It is easy to forget about your clubs over Winter and quickly discover that you needed to improve them with new grips when you get them out of hiding for your first game. Pop along to our Pro-shop where our expert team can offer advice on how to get the best out of your golfing equipment this year.
- Set yourself a goal – Would you like to improve your technique for your game? Are there particular courses you would like to experience for a new challenge? set a realistic number of goals that you would like to achieve and start planning towards them. Our Learn Golf in a Day package can help any golfer start to achieve their goals.
- Make your game fun – join one of the golf open competitions here at Carden Park and find your competitive side. We have a number of days to join throughout the year, all with fantastic prizes ready for you to play towards. Or, if you are part of a society plan your next society day with plenty of options we have a range of packages suitable.
- Plan to play different courses – we have two fantastic courses to choose from here at Carden Park, the Cheshire golf course and The Nicklaus golf course. Both are equally challenging within their own right and will test your golf skills in different ways. If you are looking to play a number of courses this year our golf membership is perfect, with reciprocal rights at a number of courses in England you have the opportunity to play throughout the country.
If you are looking for your first game of the season, would like to discuss your golf event or have a question about golf at Carden Park give Jason and the team a call on 01829 731002.