Following government guidelines, we are pleased to announce that we have re-opened our golf facilities in a limited form from Wednesday 13th May 2020.
The safety and well-being of our staff and you the golfer is our number one priority, it is for this reason we will be undertaking strict social distancing measures as well as booking restrictions until we receive further instructions from government.
***BOOKINGS CAN ONLY BE MADE ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE, PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THE BELOW BEFORE DOING SO***
Please book your tee time online www.cardenpark.co.uk/book-golf or call the Golf Team 01829 731003 and make payment in advance, you will not be able to pay for your game at the resort. When paying for drinks and other extras at Carden Park, please ensure you pay with card only as cash is no longer accepted.
SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES
For the safety of golfers and staff, we will be undertaking the following hygiene measures and precautions, effective immediately:
PRIOR TO THE GAME:
- From 24th July onward it will be compulsory for anyone entering the Pro Shop and both halfway houses to wear a face mask.
- Locker rooms will remain closed, with WC access only. Please only arrive 10 -15 minutes prior to your tee time and change of shoes should be done in the car park.
- If you require buggies, please ensure these are booked and pre-paid prior to arrival.
- Golf buggies will be sanitised daily and therefore available to be used by single individuals, unless from the same household. We will temporarily be offering buggies at the reduced rate of £20 for single ride buggies, subject to availability. We advise those who can walk do so.
- Please report straight to the starter on the 1st
- The putting green will be limited to 4 players with priority given to the next group due to tee off.
- The driving range will be open 8am – 6pm each day
ADVICE FOR GOLFERS ON THE GOLF COURSE:
- Use social distancing (2 metres rule) on tee grounds, greens and throughout the round
- Always leave the flag in the hole.
- All cups will be fitted with an accessory to retrieve the ball contactless using only a putter
- All bunker rakes will be removed from the course and bunkers are preferred lies. Please smooth sand after use with feet or club.
- All golf ball cleaners are to be removed. Golfers are advised to wipe their own golf balls on their towel.
- Airlines for cleaning shoes following the round will be closed.
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs or rangefinders
- Don’t shake hands before or after your game
- We won’t be accepting cash at the halfway house or at any other part of the course, please make sure you pay with card
AFTER THE GAME:
- Please do not swap scorecards after play
- No gathering to take place after the round.
- Clubhouse Bar is now open from 8am – 8pm, with limited seating available
- Food is served 8am with last orders taken at 4pm
- Clubhouse Bar is operating with table service only as well as contactless payment
As mentioned we will be following all advice from the government, WHO and the NHS to ensure our practices are up to date and as efficient as possible. We will also be cleaning all areas frequently that people would generally touch with their hands including counters, worktops, handrails and door handles.
We understand this is a worrying time for everyone however we would like to make everyone feel welcome here at Carden Park and encourage people to play golf as it is a very low risk activity that has many health benefits. Please do check our social media accounts, website and emails for any updates should the situation change.