Who we are:
Carden Park Hotel is one of the UK’s premier independent destination resorts and through extensive investment in its luxurious facilities, the 1000-acre estate in the heart of the Cheshire countryside is establishing itself as a world-class destination for both business and leisure guests.
Featuring two championship golf courses, an opulent five-star spa, 197 bedrooms, conference facilities, leisure club, activity centre, as well as award-winning restaurants and bars; guests from all over the world visit Carden Park for an extraordinary escape in the Cheshire countryside.
As well as the opportunity to join one of the UK’s most dynamic resorts, where marketing plays an integral role across all areas of the business, you can also benefit from:
- Free team lunch daily
- Friends & family discounts
- Employee discounts
- Free gym & swimming pool membership
- On-site parking
- Uniform provided
- Free golf
- Stunning countryside surroundings to explore
Assisting in the smooth and efficient running of the golf F&B operation within Carden Park, in line with all companies’ operational standards policies and procedures. Reporting into the Golf Operations Manager, the Clubhouse Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day golf F&B delivery and help with planning to provide a best in class golfing experience.
Your objective is to deliver complete guest and employee satisfaction, maximizing revenue stream opportunities whilst controlling costs and creating sales in a competitive market place where first class service is always at the forefront of what we are renowned for.
Key Tasks Operations
- To accommodate members, clients & customer needs professionally, informatively, and attentively
- Assist in achieving total guest satisfaction within the operation through regular reviews of all departmental operating procedures and ways of working to ensure they are focused on providing an individual service to all guests.
- Ensure effective communication with guests to enable you to be able to react to their needs and provide an efficient service to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Pay attention to detail throughout the customer journey and build positive relationships with them, making sure all needs are met and any issues are resolved promptly.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Assist in resolving guest complaints where necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the creation of new promotions and sales opportunities to maximize sales and generating increased revenue in order to meet departmental objectives and sales targets.
- To promote the Hotel and its facilities to all prospective guests or customers to maximize sales and revenue in all areas of the business.
- Be proactive in encouraging team commitment and communicate a vision of success that the team want to be a part of.
- Look at maintaining a high standard and encourage a mutual respect throughout the department and within other departments that you work with.
- Make sure excellent inter-department communication to help increase efficiency and team work and cooperate with other departments when necessary.
- Ensure effective setup and execution of functions and events, tasking staff to assist where necessary
- Assist with service in other areas of the Golf department when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable request asked by the Management Team.
- Work as part of the wider hotel team to promote a positive image of the Hotel at all times.
Quality of Work
- Ensure that the Clubhouse F&B outlets are operationally sound and can provide service required/expected
- Make sure that the Club Bar is presented to a high standard at all times and that stock rotation policies are adopted. Also, that all guest drinks are prepared and served according to company procedure to ensure the highest quality of product at all times.
- Support the golf management in the implementation of training and mentoring of team members in order to improve their personal and professional development and skill set leading to a higher level of service.
- Alongside serving guests ensure that excellent levels of hygiene and cleanliness are adhered to at all times to stay in line with business procedures, comply with health and safety regulations and food hygiene requirements.
- Prompt timekeeping and attendance.
- Monitor changes to house count and event numbers in order to accurately forecast staffing needs and keep costs as low as possible to help meet budgetary targets, cancelling staff when necessary.
- Assist with stock control, including making sure stock is rotated on a regular basis in order to use up old stock first and reduce wastage, keeping record of any products which are.
- Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, making sure all guest bills are paid off as soon as possible to reduce possible ‘walkouts’.
- Liaise with the Golf Manager to ensure invoices are forwarded promptly and are correct and that billing procedures are being adhered to.
- Assist in the supervision of all team members, and ensure they are dressed appropriately and in line with company policy, also making sure all members are properly handling company property to reduce risk of either personal injury or damage to equipment.
- Support the Golf Manager with training and development of the team to ensure food & beverage service is up to the standard expected, and make sure there is cooperation with chefs and other staff and managers to ensure customers’ expectations are exceeded by ensuring service is as smooth and as continuous as possible.
- Promote recognition of good performance, with any bad performances dealt with through informal reprimand and where necessary, the implementation of the company’s discipline procedure.
- Ensure all staff are given breaks when entitled and that they are efficiently organized in accordance to fluctuations in the volume of business.