Who we are:
Carden Park Hotel is one of the UK’s premier independent destination resorts and through extensive investment in its luxurious facilities, the 1000-acre estate in the heart of the Cheshire countryside is establishing itself as a world-class destination for both business and leisure guests.
Featuring two championship golf courses, an opulent five-star spa, 197 bedrooms, conference facilities, leisure club, activity centre, as well as award-winning restaurants and bars; guests from all over the world visit Carden Park for an extraordinary escape in the Cheshire countryside.
As well as the opportunity to join one of the UK’s most dynamic resorts, where marketing plays an integral role across all areas of the business, you can also benefit from:
- Free team lunch daily
- Friends & family discounts
- Employee discounts
- Free gym & swimming pool membership
- On-site parking
- Uniform provided
- Free golf
- Stunning countryside surroundings to explore
Job Purpose / Summary:
To Assist the Spa Treatments Manager with forward thinking, being passionate about people and service delivery. The role will involve the mentoring and training of the team and a very busy department. The role will additionally require the Senior Spa Therapist to support the product house ambassadors with the delivery of onsite training. Always striving to be customer focused to ensure the spa journey is of a five star standard. To provide a range of treatments to guests ensuring they are met in a professional, timely and efficient manner to support in achieving the departmental budget and standards.
Core Accountabilities and Performance Indicators
These indicators are what the Company can expect to see when the role is being performed to the required standard.
- To demonstrate excellent customer care and attention to detail at all times.
- Plan and support the team on the treatment floor and also in training sessions.
- Planning with the Spa Treatments Manager and the Senior Spa Manager to ensure constant training plans in place on a weekly basis.
- To carry out treatments as per the trained protocol including product, time and methods
- To ensure treatments are started on time and guest receives the correct length
- To carry out treatments with care and thoughtfulness and to high standards
- Lead by example with the treatment rooms, ensuring always exceptionally clean and welcoming to guests and use the standard room layout.
- Completing end of day checks with team members to ensure the cleanliness standards are adhered to.
- To be fully flexible with the business and willing to help and support with maximum flexibility as and when necessary
- To carry out any other duties as imposed by the needs of the business and requested by a senior or duty manager
- To wear uniform to the desired standards.
- Make up should enhance and create a fresh natural appearance
- Hair must be neat and styled into a bun, Extreme colours are not acceptable.
- Nail polish can be worn but should not be chipped and should be of the same brand as the spa.
- To strive to achieve both personal and departmental targets
- To carefully manage stock usage and minimise wastage
- To attend departmental induction and company orientation training
- To be available for external supplier training and to represent the company standards at all times whilst on external training courses
- To support excellent working relationships within the department
- To follow the SOP’s for all leave (holiday, un-paid, sickness)
- To attend and contribute in all training booked by management
- To adhere to company dress code and to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- To record appropriate client information on SpaSoft
- To assist with stocktakes within the spa
- Attend and contribute in monthly departmental meetings
SALES AND MARKETING
- To proactively sell spa retail and rebook member treatments
- To proactively drive sales in all areas of the business
- To achieve daily targets
- To actively sell promotional activity and encourage bookings for events
- To ensure any leaflets, around the business are constantly available and the area is tidy at all times.
- Maintain data integrity of any electronic stock control system, point of sale, and SpaSoft
HEALTH & SAFETY/LEGAL
- Ensure medical history and contra-indications checks are completed before every treatment
- Be fully proficient in recognising contra-indications for treatments trained to deliver
- Ensure that all departmental equipment used is maintained and in good working order
- To always use the correct cleaning materials and in the correct manner at all times as laid down by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, (COSHH) Regulations 1988 and maintain your department COSHH Register
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Proactively support the Health and Safety Policy of Carden Park Spa in conjunction with the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Comply with the Fire Safety Policy of Carden Park Spa
- To deal with any accidents quickly, efficiently and following the correct procedure
- To identify, deal with and alert the Duty Manager to any H&S issue
Attend and contribute to Health & Safety Meetings as required