In anticipation of British Food Fortnight starting on the 23rd of September, our Executive Head Chef Graham Tinsley MBE has created a simple yet delicious dish that you can create for you and your family using the finest locally sourced ingredients.
Perl Las Soufflé with a warm Pear and Walnut Dressing
(Makes 4-6 Soufflés)
Preparing the White Sauce
1 Bay Leaves
Preparing the rest of the dish...
150grms Grated Welsh Perl Las Cheese
4 Egg Yolks
5 Egg Whites
- Bring the milk to the boil with the onion, cloves, bay leaf and the nutmeg.
- Make a Roux with the butter and flour.
- Remove the onion, bay and peppercorn from the milk and gradually add the milk to the roux to form a thick white sauce, make sure you cook out the flour.
- Take the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheese, chives and the egg yolks.
- Whip up the egg white and fold into the soufflé mix in three stages so as to not knock out the air.
- Pour the Mixture into buttered Ramekins lined with grated Parmesan.
- Bake in a Bain Marie at 150oc for approx 20mins.
40grms Broken Walnuts
20mls Sherry Vinegar
80mls Olive Oil
Good Pinch of Sugar
Salt & Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Chopped Chives
- Peel and core the pear and cut into 1cm dice.
- In a hot frying pan, add the pear and the sugar and cook until the pear starts to caramelize.
- Add the sherry vinegar and take off the heat.
- Add the olive oil, walnuts and chives and season with the salt and pepper.
Place a few rocket leaves in the centre of the plates, place the Soufflé’s on top and pour the dressing around.
As an added extra…
Wanting more delicious, seasonal and exciting recipes made by our Executive Head Chef? Why not book a table for you and your loved ones at the AA Rosette awarded Redmond’s Restaurant?
A must for all foodies!