CARDEN PARK GUEST BLOG
The Ice Cream Farm, National Ice Cream Month
This month marks National Ice Cream month, where the nation consumes a good scoop of their 9 litres yearly ice cream average. It was first launched in 1984 by President Ronald Reagan who, fond of a scoop or two, decided that the ‘fun and nutritious’ snack should be celebrated. Now, ice cream companies around the globe look forward to this special month and The Ice Cream Farm, just a few miles away from us in Tattenhall, are no different. Home to the World’s Largest Ice Cream Shop we caught up with the award-winning attraction to find out exactly what people favour in an ice cream flavour.
July is such an exciting time for us here at The Ice Cream Farm. Not only are we getting ready for the summer holidays where we will welcome thousands of visitors into our ice cream wonderland, but we’re also gearing up for our favourite month of the year… National Ice Cream Month! And where better to celebrate than at the World’s Largest Ice Cream Shop?!
With nearly 1000 sq ft of ice cream heaven, The Parlour, as our record breaking shop is known, stocks a huge range of multi award-winning frozen delights and it’s always close to call which flavours will top the chart during National Ice Cream Month. This year we’ve got a pretty good idea though, so here are our top 20 favourite flavour predictions for July 2017:
- Chocolate… Chocolate has maintained its crown of most popular ice cream for years and we’re pretty certain 2017 will be no different.
- Bubbglegum… A firm favourite flavour with the kids, it has been in the top three since its launch 2 years ago.
- Vanilla… Another classic flavour, some would say it’s a given that this staple treat comes somewhere in the top 5.
- Chocolate Honey Crunch… Since its launch last month, this flavour has been requested by tots, teens, parents and grandparents!
- Maltease… Based on the iconic Mars treat in the red packet, this ice cream is always popular whatever month of the year.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding… This Brit classic always goes down well as tasty treat after your Sunday dinner.
- Raspberry Ripple… Everyone can relive their childhood with this traditional treat.
- Mint Choc Chip… A ‘chip’ off the old block invented in 1973.
- White Chocolate, Raspberry and Oreo… Is there anything better than White Chocolate, Raspberry AND Oreo? We don’t think so!
- Salted Caramel… Enhanced with vanilla sea salt this is luxury in a cone (or tub!).
- Strawberries & Cream… A true treat for Wimbledon fans who love (pun intended) this fruity delight.
- Double Chocolate… What’s better than chocolate ice cream? Double Chocolate of course!
- Honeycomb… Everyone was buzzing when we launched this flavour and it’s still a huge favourite today.
- Rum and Raisin… Always a hit with the Grandads, it’s a lovely slightly tipsy ice cream.
- Chocolate Ripple Cookie Dough… Inspired by our friends across the pond, it has a rich chocolate ripple and chewy cookie dough.
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake… Brand new for summer 2017, it’s had ‘berry’ good reviews so far.
- Mocha Coffee Bean… With generous helpings of chocolate coffee beans, it will take you to caffeine heaven.
- Cotton Candy… The perfect treat for those with a super sweet tooth, you’ll be reminded of all the fun at the fair.
- Ferrero… A huge hit with Ferrero Rocher fans alike.
- White Choc Chunk… Milky Bar fans rejoice when seeing this chocolate classic on our menu.
There’s a huge flavour of activity right here at The Ice Cream Farm. From ‘Strawberry Falls’ adventure golf, ‘SCOOP JCB Diggers’ and ‘Honeycomb Canyon’, believed to be Europe’s Largest Sand and Water Play, to ‘Daisy’s Garden’, a free play experience with a magical difference, we have activities available for the whole family, not just delicious ice cream!
You can discover all our flavours and much more by visiting www.theicecreamfarm.co.uk or follow @icecreamfarm on Facebook and Twitter.