The sun is starting to shine and the days are warming up – we love summer here at Carden! But with each season, the changing weather conditions can take their toll on your skin in different ways and in summer, UV exposure, heat and humidity should be considered when looking at your skincare routine.
Luckily, our Head Therapist Sammie is on hand with her expert knowledge of how to keep your skin in great condition‚ and has‚ given us some of her best‚ skincare tips for sunny weather.
- Sun protection should always be used, even in the winter months, as UV rays can still penetrate through clouds but it is even more important in the summer months. Wearing at least SPF 15 or above protects your skin and helps to prevent signs of premature ageing.‚ Wearing a hat while you’re out in direct sunlight further protects the face and scalp.
- If you’re spending a lot of the time in the sun, exfoliating regularly will help to prolong your tan by removing any dead skin cells.
- Keep hydrated inside and out by drinking plenty of water and moisturising your body each day. This will prevent‚ your skin from becoming dry or dehydrated.
- Using fake tan is a much healthier way to get that summer glow without risking sunburn. For a‚ summer pick-me-up,‚ try a moisturiser that gives you a natural glow and has a sun-kissed tan that builds with use such as the ESPA Gradual Tan moisturiser.
- Keep your makeup light in the summer months to prevent your pores from becoming blocked. Using a tinted moisturiser helps to prevent your pores becoming blocked while still giving great coverage; many also contain SPF which helps to further protect your skin from the sun.
These tips will help your skin to feel healthy and protected all summer long!