School’s out for summer! Whether you follow this statement with a sigh or with great delight may all depend on the plans you have to entertain your little ones.
Do not fret, we are here to help with some ideas on great days out or events you might want to visit.
At Carden we are surrounded by areas of interest and some of the best events Cheshire has to offer. #teamcarden‚ have been busy creating a list of their favourites‚ for you to enjoy some summer fun.
- The Islands at Chester Zoo: Experience the tropical environments of South East Asia at Chester Zoo‚„s newest attraction. Phase one opened on 13th July and includes the Lazy River Boat for a unique journey. www.chesterzoo.org/islands
- Chester‚„s Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre: If you are in the area this is a must visit, but be quick, tickets sell fast! Chester boasts the only open air-theatre not located in London. This year you can watch Shakespeare‚„s Romeo & Juliet and The Merry Wives of Windsor, plus a new adaptation of The Wind in the Willows. Performances run until 23rd August. www.grosvenorparkopenairtheatre.co.uk
- Moonlight Flicks Open Air Cinema in Chester’s Roman Gardens. Throughout the Summer a selection of films will be shown at Chester’s Roman Gardens. This is a cinema evening like no other, all under the stars. Show in Chester is Mamma Mia!, Roman Holiday, ‚ Drive, Paddington, Some Like It Hot, The Big Lebowski, The Wizard of Oz , and Grand Budapest Hotel. Screenings run until 29th August‚ www.moonlightflicks.co.uk
- CarFest North at Oulton Park:‚ Don’t miss this family friendly festival, limited tickets are still available. From 31st July – 2nd July Oulton Park again becomes the venue for this jam packed fun weekend. There will be cars, music, food and games for all the family. www.carfest.org
- Alice in Wonderland Exhibition at Chester Cathedral: Celebrate 150 year of Alice in Wonderland at Chester Cathedral. Throughout the Cathedral there will be a full-scale exhibition to visit, and Cathedral entry is free. 4th July ‚€œ 30th August www.chestercathedral.com
- RHS Flower Show Tatton Park:‚ you dont need to be a Horticulturist to appreciate the beautiful surroundings of the RHS Flower Show Tatton Park. The event is held 45 minutes from Carden Park and takes place 22nd ‚€œ 26th July. www.rhs.org.uk.
- MBNA Family Fun Day at Chester Racecourse. ‚ On the 2nd August take all the family to Chester Racecourse for a day of competitive racing and plenty of free children’s activities on the open course. www.chester-races.co.uk
- Family Saturdays in the Roman Amphitheatre. During August there are free family activities at Chester Amphitheatre. Run by Chester Performs each weekend there is a different theme including Super Heros to make your own cape and Jurassic‚ World‚ to build your own‚ dinosaur.‚ www.mbnaguide.co.uk/familysaturdays
- Summer Farm Fun at Tatton Park: ‚ A full month of fun activities is available at Tatton Park, including sheep racing, story telling and much more. Visit between 28th July and 28th August. www.tattonpark.org.uk
- The Ice Cream Farm. After a ‚£4 million refurbishment the Ice Cream Farm opens it’s doors to the public to experience the brand new activities including Europe’s largest sand and water park. www.cheshirefarmicecream.co.uk
If you are longing for a well-earned summer escape‚ we can also help.‚ Our variety of summer holiday breaks includes options for seven, four, three or two night breaks. Simply visit our offers page here‚ ‚ to start planning your #escapeandstay.