The History Of Carden Park
Carden Park Hotel is located within 1,000 acres of stunning Cheshire countryside, with a mile long drive leading through the Nicklaus golf course, just one of the two championship golf courses onsite it truly is Cheshire’s Country Estate.
The history of Carden Park really starts when the land was acquired in the early 17th century by the Leche Family. An elegant Hall was built and the grounds of the park landscaped and stocked with deer. The Hall was ransacked by Cromwell’s troops but survived and continued to be inhabited. In 1912, the main Hall burnt down in a fire, allegedly after someone dropped a cigarette at a party. Photographs of the Hall show a highly decorated timber framed building, reprised in the rebuilt Resort which you see today.
Construction of golf courses and the purchase of Carden Park by private owner Steve Morgan, has led to a restoration of its fortunes. Carden Park first opened its doors as a hotel on 5th June 1997. Now rather than deer you are more likely to see pheasants, moorhens, foxes, badgers and swans which are all regular visitors to the estate.
Carden Park Facts
Since the opening of the hotel there have been many transformations and improvements to the facilities. Here are some interesting facts:
- The 3 acre vineyard was reinstated by the Estates team in 2008 and has since become one of the most successful vineyards in the North of England producing up to 6,000 bottles of Carden Estate Reserve sparkling wine.
- A full bunker refurbishment project was completed on the Cheshire golf course in 2014, reopening in April with a £100,000 investment.
- On 1st September 2014 Carden Park Hotel became an independent hotel
- At the start of 2015, an investment of £350,000 was made into the refurbishment of the public lounge, reception and Morgan’s bar area
- In January 2015 the spa leisure facilities were refurbished with a new hydrotherapy pool, heated tiled beds and new sauna and steam areas
- All 198 bedrooms have been refurbished in 2017 including brand new Carden Luxury Suites
- In February 2019 The Shooting Suite was refurbished with a new bar, modern video screen and colour lighting features
- In January 2020, the brand new purpose-built £10 million Spa at Carden opened
Carden Park Awards
The team have also won many awards over the years, here are the most recent:
- 2020 Best New Spa – Good Spa Guide Awards
- 2019 Business Tourism Venue of the Year
- 2018 Cheshire’s Wedding Venue of the Year
- 2018 England’s Best Golf Hotel
- 2018 4 bubble award spa
- 2017 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Hotel
- 2017 Cheshire Hoteliers Association Winner Best and Brightest Idea
- 2017 Cheshire Life Food and Drink Awards Chef of the Year
- 2017 Marketing Cheshire Hotel of the Year Awards Winner
- 2016 Gold Venue Verdict (BDRC)
- 2016 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Hotel
- 2016 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Redmond’s Restaurant
- 2015 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Hotel
- 2015 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Redmond’s Restaurant
- 2015 Marketing Cheshire Large Hotel of the Year
- 2015 4 bubble award spa
- 2015 Simply The Guest Top Rated Golf Hotel
- 2015 Simply The Guest Top Rated Spa Hotel
- 2014 Club59 Golf Sales Team of the Year
- 2014 Club59 Golf Membership Team of the year
- 2014 Today’s Golfer Travel Awards Best North of England Hotel/Golf resort
- 2014 Simply The Guest Top Rated Hotel
- 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Hotel
- 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for Redmond’s Restaurant
We hope to welcome you to the hotel very soon